This Salalem Privacy Statement was updated on 24/01/2022.
Salalem will access, store and use the personal data of individual Users solely for the purpose of providing the services to its Subscribers and will process the data as instructed by its Subscribers.
As data controllers, Subscribers decide which of their employees or other authorized personnel are given access to the services. They do this by designating one or more account administrators or group administrators (“Administrator”) who have the ability to customize the Subscriber account, manage individual User accounts, access Insights tool and related reporting features, access the Administrator tools, and, when instructed by the Subscriber, allow access to e-Learning courses. Subscribers are solely responsible for establishing policies for and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, relating to the collection of personal information relating to individual Users selected by Subscriber for accessing the services. Salalem has no direct relationship with individual Users, who should contact Subscriber (their employer) for assistance with any requests or questions relating to the processing of their personal information.
In the event where Salalem makes any material changes to the manner in which it processes User data to provide its services to Subscribers, it will notify Subscribers.
1. Salalem will collect information provided by the Subscriber in order to set up the Administrator and User accounts. The Subscriber can customize the type of data requested to create an account, which may include the following:
2. A unique identifying username is assigned by Salalem upon the creation of a User account.
3. Administrators may assign a User to a group membership.
4. Salalem stores information relating to the activities of Users as they use and interact with the services, such as courses enrolled in and viewed (and information relating to these courses); progress within a course; as well as answers and other items submitted by Users to satisfy the course requirements. This information is linked to a User’s unique account username and is shared with Subscribers via the reporting tools or upon request of the Subscriber.
5. The services enables Users to contact the Salalem Support Team for assistance or to report a problem, concern, potential abuse or other issues regarding the services or other users. Salalem may collect and store the User’s name, email address, location, operating system, IP address as well as the User’s activity on the Salalem platform and communications with the Salalem support team. Salalem may request additional information from Users in order to resolve any issue reported by a User or by another user.
6. When a User uses the services, Salalem collects and stores certain information by automated means: (a) technical information about the User’s computer or wireless device, such as IP address, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain, and other operating systems or platform information. This information is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, such as: (i) cookies, which are small files that websites send to a computer or wireless device to uniquely identify a browser or mobile device or to store information in a browser setting; and (ii) other tracking technologies (see below for more detailed information).
8. IP addresses received from browsers or devices of Users may be used to determine the approximate location of Users.
9. In addition, when you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, quizzes you’ve started and completed, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.
Salalem processes the information collected about Users and Administrators for the purpose of providing the services to its Subscribers, specifically:
Like many online platforms, Salalem and its analytics vendors use server log files and automated data collection tools, such as browser cookies. These tools are used for analytics purposes to enable Salalem to understand how Users interact with the services. Salalem and its analytics vendors may tie the information gathered by these means to the unique account ID of Users.
Cookies are small text files placed onto a computer or device while browsing the Internet. Cookies are used to collect, store and share bits of information about User activities. Salalem uses both session cookies and persistent cookies.
A persistent cookie will remain on a User’s device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. Salalem uses these cookies to identify and recognize a specific User over a longer period of time. They allow Salalem to:
User Preferences with respect to cookies and other tracking technologies
A User can set his or her web browser to notify about the placement of new cookies, limit the type of cookies or reject cookies altogether; if disabled, a User may not be able to use some or all of the features of the services (for example, may not be able to log in). General information about cookies and how to disable them can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
In order to provide the services to its Subscribers, Salalem shares data regarding Users with a number of third party service providers. These companies are contractually required to use User data solely as directed by Salalem for the purpose of providing services to Salalem.